Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rich get richer

I wish I could have somehow recorded and shared my mother's running commentary during tonight's game.  It went something like this: 

"Look at how that pitcher [Cueto] is wearing his hat.  That is so strange, isn't it?  He looks crazy.  What kind of angle is that?  He's making me nervous.  He's hitting batters, almost hitting batters, and his hat is crazy.  Oh, here comes the infield.  Somebody needs to knock his hat right off.  Maybe one of the Cubs will knock it off with the ball.  NOW HE TOOK HIS HAT OFF AND PUT IT BACK ON AT THE WEIRD ANGLE.  What is wrong with him?  Somebody help."

And so on.

Also, Geo continues to light up my world, with his baserunning and what my friend R. calls "baby-bird hair."  Also, I may be developing Feelings for Rich Harden.  You know what I mean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richie Harden? Really? Because if you abandon claim to Geo, you know I'm on that like a vulture.

Allie said...

I would never abandon Geo, although I think you actually claimed him first, and if not, you're more than welcome to share (I'm sorry, I can't make that sound any less dirty).

As for Rich Harden, I'll probably force you to help me analyze that matter when we see each other in person. I think he's kind of strange-looking, but when he's throwing his fastball, I have moments of weakness.