Monday, August 4, 2008

What the heck was that?

First of all, I hope everybody's okay out there (we had just some crazy weather blow through the area, for non-Midwesterners).  As most of you know, I go into fits of irrational terror at even the weakest hint of a thunderstorm, so I won't even discuss the scenes that took place in my house tonight.  

I cannot believe they're actually finishing this game.  As this article explains, tornado sirens went off all over the place, including Wrigley, and the weather got pretty terrible.  The fans, of course, were concerned and...um...
A couple of fans ran on the field and started body sliding on the tarp. There were oohs and aahs from the crowd as thunder and spectacular lightning crackled in the sky.
I love this town.  Also, during my episodes of utter panic, the only thing that made me feel better (besides my parents and dog being extremely patient) was the coverage they showed from time to time of 1.) fans doing absurd things as mentioned above and 2.) Ryan Theriot, Mike Fontenot, and Reed Johnson waiting out the delay in the dugout and acting silly over something.  I think they actually started punching each other in the arm at one point, clearly unconcerned about the actual tornado that was actually barreling down on them.  I suppose they probably had the right idea.

No comments: