Friday, August 15, 2008

A warm glow of contentment

I'm very happy about sweeping the Braves, and also happy that a fight didn't break out tonight, even though the benches cleared after Teddy's incident with Yunel Escobar.  Escobar then, our announcers explained, "spent the commercial break staring menacingly into the Cubs dugout."  Brrrr.  I'm also glad Aramis seems to be okay - it looked like he was really in pain after that slide.  I hope he'll be back soon.

In perusing other Cubs blogs, I'm reminded that some of the bad blood between the Cubs and the Braves started last year, after Teddy was ejected from a game for hitting Edgar Renteria with a pitch.  Later, Renteria slid into second and punched Mike Fontenot in the face.  Really?  You feel like hitting somebody and you pick Mike Fontenot?  That's just so low.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike told me that Teddy's the Cubs pitcher most likely to purposely throw at someone. Which I find incomprehensible. Ted Lilly? Tedward Roosevelt, who has a pet turtle and loves tomato soup and neesd a hug?

Allie said...

Yeah, I heard something about that yesterday and I couldn't believe it. Actually, I don't believe it. Clearly Teddy's just misunderstood. I mean, really. Our Theodore? He wouldn't hurt a fly!

I'm still disgusted by that guy punching Fontenot. He must be a real slimeball. Would you punch Elmo? (Not you specifically.)

Anonymous said...

I hope Theriot defended his buddy's honor. Judging from the way that Riot was letting the f-bomb fly in the dugout last night, I imagine he did in one way or another.

GOOD LUCK MOVING!!!

Allie said...

Thank you! And I agree re: Riot. I hope he got, or will be getting, revenge of some sort.