Friday, August 29, 2008

Love stuff

"ALLISON," three or four people have said to me this week, "how can you not see that Carlos Marmol looks exactly like Barack Obama?"  "I just don't see it," I said.  But now it's like that optical illusion with the vase and two faces: I can't stop seeing it.  It's all about the ears.

Another issue that concerns me: has anyone else noticed that Ronny Cedeno's uniform always looks too big for him?  It looks like he's wearing pajamas.  Oh, Ronny.

Yesterday in a bookstore I actually took Zambrano's biography and hid it under my Westminster Dictionary of Theological Terms so I could pretend to be doing my work.  Here is another highlight from the delightful story of how Z met his wife: before he asked her to be his girlfriend, he went to another friend of theirs and said, and I quote: "Hey!  Go tell Ismari some stuff from me, like love stuff."  "Just like Cyrano," my mother said.  I know I would swoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hey! Go tell Ismari some stuff from me, like love stuff."

Wow. Who needs Chuck Woolery when you have Big Z and his friend?

And yes, Ronny Cedeno and Mike Fontenot need foster moms.

Allie said...

Ha ha. I know I'm repeating myself, but I desperately need an entire novel about this courtship. His wife also says, "At first I found him repellent. Like what you use to kill bugs" (because he made fun of her all the time). If you come visit me after your whole moving craziness is over, we'll have to go to Borders and do a dramatic reading or something.

I want to marry Mike; I want to adopt Ronny. They don't really feel that different, though, so maybe I need to rethink this.