Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lightning is striking again and again and again and again...

Remember how I said wild stuff was happening at last night's game?  Um:



Photo from the Chicago Sun-Times.  I'm just glad everybody's okay.  This article has more, including a clip of players sprinting off the field seeking shelter and the answer to the question on everyone's mind: What did Mike Fontenot make of all this?
"I'm thinking I'm not the tallest guy on the field, so I probably wouldn't get struck," he said.
Well, there you have it.

ETA: My friend R. has just pointed out something I didn't notice from the article linked above: "I ran a little bit," said Cubs reliever Carlos Marmol, who was in the bullpen at the time."  Now, wait a minute.  He was already IN the bullpen?  Where was he running TO?  I suspect that may be totally nonsensical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY LOL! I HEART HIM SO MUCH!!!

Allie said...

I know, right? So cheerfully uncaring about his teammates possibly being struck by lightning.