Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We're not worryin' at all

Quite a while ago, my friend R. showed me this hilarious picture from Out in Center Field of Manny Ramirez in front of the terrifying A's Victory Van.  As one of the commenters points out, "It looks like the van is hitting him."  This image apparently lodged in my subconscious, because my first reaction on hearing about the Harden/Gaudin deal was a confused image of the players from Oakland actually driving up to Wrigley Field in the Victory Van.  It's a good thing I'm not in charge of much of anything, especially anything baseball-related.

In other entertaining news, my friend J. informed me that Len and Bob also referred to Mike Fontenot last night as "Mighty Mike."  I fervently hope they will play HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY whenever he comes up to bat from now on.  Very fervently.

Jesus-y post coming up soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee! And then again today! What is Mighty Mike eating?

Allie said...

I know, right? I read some comment from Ryan The Riot a couple days ago about how "maybe he has special hitting power" because "his arms are shorter than anyone else's." Heeeeeeee.