Monday, July 7, 2008

"I don't care what they offer, if they offer anything, I'll sign"

Well, I promised myself when I started this blog that I would not refer to enormous grown men as "adorable," so all I will say is that this article is very endearing: Bond between Cubs' pitchers is strong.  The best part is probably the following, from relief pitcher Scott Eyre: 

"We look out for each other," Eyre said of the pitchers. "Like [Saturday] night, it was a tough loss for [Wood]. You know he doesn't want to go out and walk the first two batters [against the Cardinals]. Sometimes you don't want to talk after a game like that. You send a text message later or knock on his door with two beers in your hand, one for you, one for him. You talk about other stuff to get his mind off that. He did it a lot for me last year."

They send each other text messages and bring each other beers, "one for you, one for him"!  I still promise not to invoke the a-word, but I can see it's going to be harder than I thought.

No comments: